Ever thought that pursuing an art degree was a decision that would ultimately lead to doom and destruction? Not so as it turns out. A national survey found that people with art degrees were easily able to find jobs with the majority of people saying that they were able to find jobs in the areas they wanted.
You can read more over here, but some of the more interesting conclusions include:
- More than half are working as professional artists, although most of them hold two jobs
- 92% of those who want to work are currently working
- The majority are self-employed
- The majority are unhappy with their income
- About half are satisfied with the opportunities available to them
There’s a lot more than that and it’s worth a read.
Via: Marginal Revolution
Source: Inside Higher Ed